03 Nov The Simple Lunch Burger
I know when I am working hard, nothing hits the spot like a good cheese burger. You may realize I didn’t use the phrase “old fashioned” because this burger isn’t necessarily old fashioned. In fact it uses two ingredients that are hugely popular right now. Honestly I could give a shit about their popularity, I think they taste downright amazing. The simple lunch burger is just that, a quick, down and dirty meal that will leave you filled up and ready to conquer the rest of the world in your afternoon sprint toward manly glory!
I try to take a paleo approach with all of my meals, and this one doesn’t disappoint. If you are paleo+ dairy like me, then its downright perfect!
Either way, 10 minutes is about the right about of time I want to dedicate to building my lunch so here it is in all of its meaty, fatty glory.
- two 1/4 lb grass fed beef patties (pre formed)
- 2 tbsp bacon fat (preferably from uncured bacon)
- one slice of aged cheddar
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 egg
- Salt & Pepper
- Sriracha Sauce
- Start off by getting your cast iron pan screaming hot with some bacon fat in the bottom.
- While its heating up, cut your slice of cheese your half avocado.
- Salt both sides of your patties and get them in the pan. Immediately turn the heat down to medium. Set a timer for 2 minutes.
- Grab a plate and have your cheese ready.
- Flip the burgers and pepper both liberally.
- Place the slice of cheese on one patty. Time another 2 minutes.
- When the time is up, slap the bare patty on top of the patty with cheese.
- Fry your egg on the free space in the pan.
- When you flip the egg, pull out the burgers at the same time and plate them.
- Top your burgers with the over-medium egg and add the sliced avocado and Sriracha.
- Proceed to devour the meaty deliciousness and get back to breaking concrete. Thats what you were doing before anyway, right?